From Bradford-on-Avon to Bath, and back, on a canal boat – 3

Our destination … before we returned to Bradford-on-Avon – was Bath. We explored the area of the canal that leads down to the River Avon, and thence by river to Bristol, as well as the city itself from our mooring near to the city centre.

Our mooring for the night – modified in Lightroom somewhat to give a dreamy look.

This entry was posted in Landscape and tagged , , , , .

10 Comments

1. Jan September 26, 2018 at 20:46 #

It looks very tranquil and beautiful. I can see the attraction for Jonathan . You must have had a great time .

• David September 27, 2018 at 07:07 #

Thanks Jan, the canal certainly slows you down.

2. Jim Bartlett September 27, 2018 at 06:28 #

Hi David,
    Thanks for asking for comments. I do like the lock gates, and the shot of Pulteney Bridge.
    This was my first visit though, so I had two problems. I found the ‘Autumn wood’ background distracting, and I couldn’t view those two ‘portrait’ photos without zooming the browser out to 50%. I have now found that the answer is to click on a photo, then I can view the whole gallery full-frame with a black background.
    Cheers,
    Jim

• David September 27, 2018 at 07:14 #

Thanks Jim,
      I’m glad you liked the lock gates – I did too! Pulteney Bridge is much photographed, so I was pleased to get several different shots, and the one I think you like – looking down on it – is one that I hadn’t taken before.

As for the background – I’m sorry you find it distracting. However, I’m glad you found the answer too! On my other photography website (Galleries from the menu bar on the Home page) there’s a Help page. Perhaps I should write something similar for this one – https://mlt.photography/help/

I’ll think about the background. It’s been there for so long, I’ve never given it a moments thought – but now I will. Perhaps I’ll leave it on the Home Page, but blank it for the individual Post pages. Cheers!

3. Deejay September 27, 2018 at 09:41 #

Maybe the inclusion of a little yellow duck would open up the blog to younger readers/viewers…My first comment to enable you to approve me ;)! Great shots Dad – and enjoy the text – will you still be doing photo books as well?

• David September 27, 2018 at 12:18 #

Great idea DeeJay – can always rely on you for insightful input! Yes, Photobooks are still on the agenda “Eighteen moments …” will be ready for Christmas. Orders taken now!

4. Jim Bartlett September 27, 2018 at 18:05 #

I’m just wondering how your blog copes with HTML tags, David.

• David September 27, 2018 at 19:23 #

Well, hope you’re satisfied. Quite well evidently. You may also have noticed the distracting woodland has disappeared!

5. Bobbie Ross October 2, 2018 at 23:18 #

Thanks for sharing. These are beautiful. Just like a picture postcard. Do you use the Sony mirrorless?

• David October 3, 2018 at 06:49 #

Yes I do Bobbie, one of the first – the A7r – all my gear and the way I process these images is detailed on the About page. When I remember I put the EXIF data on the blog posts 🙂